View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 01:17 PM   #36
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by InMyOwnMisery) Stapp's voice sounds just as great as it always has! As for "Reach Out", the rawness of his voice is OBVIOUSLY what he was going for in that song. To hear some of you say that he missed a few notes is absurd. The man is a veteran by now in studio recording and if he did miss any notes or his voice cracked too much then he would have been the first person to notice it. He could have easily fixed any mistakes in editing. It's not like he had "one chance" to record it. That fact that he put out "Reach Out" as is, only proves he got what he was going for which was the vocally raw and raspy Kick-A$$ rock song that it is. Perhaps everyone has listened to the "sweet and tender" voice of Myles Kennedy too much. Come back to Stapp,...as FacelessMan stated earlier,.....the grass is DEFINITELY greener on this side.

Hey man, take a listen on MOP, HC and W and you will see...now he is sounding very nasal. He must take some sing lessons. It would be good for him and this is not all bad. Madonna take it when she put Ray of Light nad she starts to sing a lot better.
When age comes singers must take care with their voices. Look to Chris Cornell: stop to smoking and drinking alcool. Now he sounds a lot better.

Peace.

Down to My Last - Alter Bridge