View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 06:51 AM   #32
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Faceless_Man) I've got an even more reasonable argument. Why would one prefer the whiney vocals of MK over the deep tones of Scott Stapp, something characteristic only of Creed, the band that actually inspired these forums? You guys gave up on Stapp. Bottom line.
aham... now that's an argument. I wouldn't say it's more reasonable than the other coz the previous one wasn't an argument at all...

now it's fine. but just coz you like barithones better it doesn't mean everybody else has to share your opinion. I like barithones better as well, but as Steve said, it's clear (and sad) to hear how much Stapp's voice has deteriorated over the years. You can still notice it in Reach Out, for example.

Stapp never took care of his voice, he never practiced or learned how to sing properly. He used to compensate this with passion but now it's reaching a point that it's not enough anymore. He spent too much time being the jock wanna be, watching tv on the dressing room instead of rehearsing and doing soundchecks when they could write more songs. It led to all of this... imho.

But I do think if he works hard with the right people, he can improve his voice again.