View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 12:43 AM   #40
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Mark wrote all the songs. And by saying that I mean the music. And yes, Mark did write more lyrics than we know of. At least that is what has been told to us by Mark's brother Michael and some other sure sources.

Like What's This Life For... Mark wrote all the music for that one, and some says he wrote most of the lyrics, other says he wrote the whole lyrics. Anyway... I think Mark, (or at least some one who knows him), have said that Scott often took credit for the things Mark did in Creed. So maybe the lyrics for WTLF was one of those things. And it has become pretty obvious that Scott has lied about some stuff in the past, to give an perfect picture of Creed to the fans.

2 example I often use when I'm talking about Scott's lying is:
1) AB and Michael says Stapp did lie, (read the Kerrang Interview! It's up on ABB.net, I think)
2) He said he kept contact with AB after the Creed break up. And that he and Mark decided, over the phone, which songs would feature on the Greatest Hits CD. When Mark, Flip and Brian were totally against the release of the Greatest Hits record. When you check the booklet it says that some guy; Ryan Smith, decided which songs were gonna feature on the album. I remember Michael saying in a post back on AlterBridgeRocks.com that all this Stapp had said was just "Another falt lie".

I'm not saying I hate Stapp, I do support him, I'm just saying that he might have been taking some credit for stuff Mark's done in the past.

But, Stapp has never performed "What's This Life For" without Tremo has he? You've got him tried and convicted already.

I don't care who wrote what, all I know is that if Stapp wants to perform a few Creed songs on his tour, he has the right to do it. They are just as much his songs as anyone elses. I know I would love to hear a few of them again too, but if Stapp chooses to stick with his new work, I'll be just as interested in that as I am the old.

If Mark has chosen to stick with AB songs, that's strictly up to him. He made it very clear he wasn't interested in promoting the GH's cd because of competition with his own bands release. Besides that, with Myles on lead vocals, I can see why he wouldn't want to perform Creed songs. I imagine Tremo and Myles have sat down together poolside, and Myles has belted out a few...."can you take me higher's" and it's quite possible Mark thought better of it.

I also don't care about any handshake, or promise that was made between band members either. That's all hearsay, and as far as who is lying and who isn't, it all goes back to who you believe.