Thread: Stapp Confesses
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2006, 12:44 PM   #185
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp Confesses

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) there's still a difference between liking Creed and liking a couple Creed songs.

I still listen to Creed, mainly Human Clay but still many people have it collecting dust on their shelves...

That is very true. My brother-in-law bought Creed's "Human Clay" because he enjoyed "With Arms Wide Open"(and it had a special meaning for my bro-in-law). He still has the CD, but it is collecting dust in his CD case. He hasn't touched it in years and isn't a Creed fan. Same can be said for my bro who bought "Weathered". He ended up not liking the CD all that much and that CD is collecting dust as well.

The thing is, before downloading became big, a lot of people were forced to buy CDs just for one or two good songs. I'm willing to bet that at least 20-40% of those who bought the three Creed albums did so for one or two big singles(Higher and WAWO, probably). I highly doubt that there's more than 10million true Creed fans out there. I mean, I know, a lot of the true fans probably aren't proclaiming their fandom because of the hit that Creed took after they became big(when hating Creed became the cool thing to do), but I still doubt that there are 20 million Creed fans out there.

Just my opinion.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!