View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 01:06 PM   #147
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) True, not everyone does, but I think that a lot do. It's pretty easy to tell, particularly when you are blaring it on a CD player in your car. For instance, my bro had someone burn him a copy of the new Coldplay CD. He played it in his car, and it sounded awful compared to the real thing. I believe the bitrate of his copy was around 192 kbps.
I think it's pretty easy to tell, as well, but I think Steve is right in that a lot of people don't notice a big difference. The leaked version of NIN's With_Teeth sounded like complete crap on my car stereo. I bought the real one, which I was going to do anyway. I just wanted to hear it as soon as I could . I typically buy most of what I download. I use downloading as a shopping tool. I always prefer album quality over computer versions. Now, when they figure out a way to compress an album into a reasonable file-size at album quality sound, then it might be different .
I still always want liner notes and artwork, and even if that's downloadable, too, you need decent quality paper.