View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 10:51 PM   #7
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Spielberg's Munich causes controversy

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) This is was the exact reason i dslike Passion of Christ: I heard so much about the polemic involved it: so I expected too much...

Lol...Its interesting the coincidence because after Chase posted it I looked for Oliver Stone movies exactly in this site (the best) --btw is it the same you go when you are in text based games?? lol lol lol And I agree September 11 is too much 'present' in America's memory...

I was watching its trailler yesterday in web (another coincidence) and the story didnt call much my attention- have no interest in se this movie...even though (male) homosexuality is an assue that dont causes me discomfort at all...but i understand your points -you two are men-and men clearly dont deal with this very easy.

The 9/11 movies are being released way, way too soon. I went to Ground Zero a year ago, in January 2005, and felt all sorts of emotions. I remember going to see Saving Private Ryan, and in the audiences there were quite a few World War II veterans. That was the most crying I have ever seen in any movie... even more than the Passion of the Christ. These men, decades after the war, were so emotionally scarred from their experiences. 9/11 is too fresh. I mean, we still have the same president in office for crying out loud and are still viciously egaged in combating terrorists. There will be a lot of Americans boycotting these films. We don't need someone to tell us what happened. We watched those towers fall to the ground on live television. If there is ANY attempt, in these films, to villainize the United States... there are going to be a lot of pissed up Americans.

In regards to Munich, I will probably see it soon. I am a fan of Speilberg as a director. It does disappoint me, however, when there Hollywood tampers with history to make political points. That does not sit well with me at all. In fact, I think Team America: World Police was more accurate than Fahrenheit 9/11.

Brokeback Mountain is a film that won't pay to see. I don't agree with its message, at all. Me being a man doesn't make me disagree with homosexuality... it's religion, biology, and the field of medicine.