View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 08:06 PM   #6
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Re: Spielberg's Munich causes controversy

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) To be honest, the movie looks rather interesting to me. But I haven't really read much about controversies surrounding it or anything (I'd prefer to see it without any preconceptions or misconceptions).

This is was the exact reason i dslike Passion of Christ: I heard so much about the polemic involved it: so I expected too much...

Quote: A blurb about the 2 9/11 movies to which Chase was referring can be found here, about 2/3 of the way down the page. It'll be interesting to see them when they come out (the other--not Stone's--is due out in April). IMO, it's still too soon, not only because many people still have emotional scars of some sort, but also because we can't accurately analyze and assess something that happened so recently (much for the same reason that historians and political scientists hold off on assessing presidents and wars until they've been out of office or over for a good 10 or 20 years). But we'll see if they have an almost-kitschy, excessively-patriotic feel, or if they seek to tear down or villainize Pres. Bush

Lol...Its interesting the coincidence because after Chase posted it I looked for Oliver Stone movies exactly in this site (the best) --btw is it the same you go when you are in text based games?? lol lol lol And I agree September 11 is too much 'present' in America's memory...

Quote: Haven't seen Brokeback, and have no intentions to. It's not behavior of which I approve, and, since it's my dinero, I'll choose not to spend it on a movie that seems to advocate behavior that, in my opinion, is morally contemptible

I was watching its trailler yesterday in web (another coincidence) and the story didnt call much my attention- have no interest in se this movie...even though (male) homosexuality is an assue that dont causes me discomfort at all...but i understand your points -you two are men-and men clearly dont deal with this very easy.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too