View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #3
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Spielberg's Munich causes controversy

To be honest, the movie looks rather interesting to me. But I haven't really read much about controversies surrounding it or anything (I'd prefer to see it without any preconceptions or misconceptions).

A blurb about the 2 9/11 movies to which Chase was referring can be found here, about 2/3 of the way down the page. It'll be interesting to see them when they come out (the other--not Stone's--is due out in April). IMO, it's still too soon, not only because many people still have emotional scars of some sort, but also because we can't accurately analyze and assess something that happened so recently (much for the same reason that historians and political scientists hold off on assessing presidents and wars until they've been out of office or over for a good 10 or 20 years). But we'll see if they have an almost-kitschy, excessively-patriotic feel, or if they seek to tear down or villainize Pres. Bush.

Haven't seen Brokeback, and have no intentions to. It's not behavior of which I approve, and, since it's my dinero, I'll choose not to spend it on a movie that seems to advocate behavior that, in my opinion, is morally contemptible.