View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 06:17 AM   #1032
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

February 3rd

"Journal of hope."

Joshua reminded a discouraged people of all the times God had provided for them and demonstrated his goodness. Reviewing past blessings can encourage us to continue to serve God faithfully. Keep records, through a journal or a scrapbook or your blog, of the love God has shown for you. When you need encouragement, review what God has already done, revisiting the mementos of his work in your life. I invite you to remind yourselves (with your own words) the awesome ability Christ Jesus instills and works in, with and through you.

And read the Bible in order to refresh your knowledge of the many blessings God has given his people throughout history.

Joshua said to the people, "This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: …I took your ancestor Abraham from the land beyond the Euphrates and led him to the land of Canaan. I gave him many descendents through his son Isaac.… Then I sent Moses and Aaron, and I brought terrible plagues on Egypt; and afterward Ii brought you out as a free people.… With your very own eyes you saw what I did.… Finally, I brought you into the land of the Amorites on the east side of the Jordan. They fought against you, but I gave you victory over them, and you took possession of their land.… When you crossed the Jordan River and came to Jericho, the men of Jericho fought against you. There were also many others who fought you. … If was not your swords or bows that brought you victory. I gave you land you had not worked for, and I gave you cities you did not build—the cities in which you are now living. I gave you vineyards and olive groves for food, though you did not plant them.

Joshua 24:2-13

Overcoming discouragement brings great blessing.

Unknown

Heaven