View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 11:00 PM   #8
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Happy Album Release Day Everybody!

Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) Goodness me its terrible. Im a huge creed fan but this album has taken a diferent road the only good song is watch over you. THink about it guys, just picture in your head stapp and the boys how fukn good and unbeatable was it.CREED ROKS FOR FUKN EVER.

But in your head, imagine what they'd be like today. Stapp seems to have traveled down a pretty self-destructive path over the past 5 years. People thought he'd turned the corner when he came out w/ "Relearn Love" for the Passion CD, but then came the whole fiasco w/ 311 and some other displays of slightly inappropriate behavior in public. He hasn't been in the news a whole lot lately, which is good, considering he likes to write songs about redemption and all (sound hypocritical to anyone else?).

The other three have grown in terms of their ability on their instruments. With Creed, it was pretty much all about Stapp. Mark was never featured anywhere near as much with megalomani-Stapp more or less running the show. And he's proven to be quite talented. I also recall having heard a story that Mark tried to teach Stapp some basic power chords, with the guitar tuned as easily as possible, so that the guitar wouldn't drop out altogether during the "solo" section in certain songs in live shows. But after only a couple of shows, Stapp gave up on it. I would think, for the sake of the music, you would want to have at least a rhythm guitar part there at all times. But evidently that interfered with Stapp's self-righteous Jesus-Christ poses. It's pretty sweet that a certain lead singer of a certain other band can play guitar pretty well (and quite adeptly, at that).

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, you have to consider the experience of all 4 guys as a whole and individually before yearning for these days to be just like 10 years ago. Brian left Creed b/c he was at odds with Stapp. Stapp self-destructed. Creed broke up. 3 of them moved on and are still making music. The other has made headlines of late for his behavior, and not for his music.

If I had to guess, geletmote, I'd say your favorite album is Human Clay?