Thread: Is yoga evil?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 01:24 AM   #24
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
<!--QuoteBegin-Delirium+09-28-2003 08:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Delirium @ 09-28-2003 08:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Well Yoga was started by the new agers. So you should really watch out what the yoga teacher is going on about, cause any new age practice should be avoided since their philosophy is all through that kind of stuff.

(no offence to new agers just my advice to a fellow Christian) [/b][/quote]
The word Yoga comes from the Sanskrit word 'yuj' meaning to yoke, join or unite.

It is a philosophical science of self - realization and transformation, independently guiding one into recognizing his fullest potential and purpose in life (Essence of spirit).

The origin of yoga pre-dates Indian Hindu and Buddhist religions and in that context, Yoga is not a religion.

In Yogic philosophy we have three bodies; the Physical, Subtle (astral) and Causal (spirit), which is the path to the integration of self or "self realization".

By acknowledging and integrating the individual aspects of ourselves from the physical, mental and emotional we can achieve a contented, balanced and above all useful life.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~