View Single Post
Old 05-23-2004, 03:38 AM   #4
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by PaulMcCoygirl) If you keep this bottled up for a long time, it's going to get you stressed out and then sooner or later something is going to slip out.
Yeah, that's true, and thats not good for anyone.

Quote: (Originally Posted by PaulMcCoyGirl) can be nerve racking because whenever I tell my dad and mom about a guy they want to know EVERYTHING!
Yeah, lol. I'm really nervous about it, but not so much about how they want to know everything about him, I'm just worried about what they are going to say, because I haven't really ever seriously talked to them about my relationship with guys before. Just because I know that there are alot of boundries that I have to live by, so with me going out with Marc, I will be opening the rules slightly, that's something we both will have to get used to I guess.

Quote: (Originally Posted by PaulMcCoyGirl) but this Marc guy sounds really great and I'm sure your parents will like him too!
He is. And I do think that my parents will like him once they get to know him.

Quote: (Originally Posted by PaulMcCoyGirl) What you can do is bring it up casually and once you tell them everything about him, ask them if it is okay that you bring him over to have dinner with your family.
Thats quite a good idea, thanks.

Quote: (Originally Posted by PaulMcCoyGirl) So you're better off telling them instead of hiding it forever.
Yeah, thats how I am feeling, it's just hard to bring up.

Quote: (Originally Posted by PaulMcCoyGirl) Good Luck and I hope I helped.
Thanks very much, you did help, you had some good suggestions.

Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) they don't have rules for the sake of it i'm sure.
No, of course not. This will just be a first, which is probably why it's so nerve wracking.

Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) how old are you btw? do they know this guy?
I'm 15, (going on 21, my mum says) And no, they don't know Marc. Which is also strange, because they'll think it's like a random guy all of a sudden, which he's not, I have known him for awhile.

Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) you might want to do this but have mac
Mac.

Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) they'll see that he's a good guy and if not i'm just over the tasman!
Aww, lol.

Having him over for dinner sounds like quite a good idea, then maybe later on both of our families could meet up. His mum knows about me, Marc brings me up occasionally, and she knew that he came to see me last week aswell. This is hard, but I guess I have to do it sooner or later. Thanks you two, you did help, keep the advice coming Thanks
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006