View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 09:57 PM   #46
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
with Alice I have found Facelift the hardest to get into, IMO that is their weakest album! *prepares to take cover from Kerri's bullets* Dirt and Jar of Flies are far superior in my humble opinion. In fact I prefer Boggy Depot to Facelift.

Anyhow back to Creed, musically HC has a bit of a samness in those middle songs such as Say I, Wrong Way and I do love it but Faceless Man and also Never Die. I love Weathered because it goes from that really heavy stuff, to the tribal Zeppelin like WGMB to the "epics" and then towards the really light stuff. With all due respect the lyrics are probably weaker because Scott wrote less lyrics then every before. A bigger reason though I think is even though the lyrics are fairly dark, life had to be better then ever. How can you write MOP style lyrics when you are living in a nice gated community of Orlando, with a cleaner, cook, your best friends are in the local baseball and NFL teams etc:

I do think Scott's lyrics this time around will be darker, more intropsective and a little more challenging. I am curious to see what Mark comes up with.