View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 04:41 PM   #16
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Entertainment Weekly Review...

Quote: (Originally Posted by IamFilthy) Could you please take the Stapp bashing elsewhere?

pay attention...the "bashing" going on is mostly of the review itself, NOT the album...

Quote: Can you please back this up with a "reasonable argument" b/c I don't think "musical preference" will hold water around here.

I think you'll find the answer to why the "prog-metal" moniker is inappropriate here in Summergirl's post...

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive-rock.asp

oh, and I really like your sig, there, Filthy, although I'm a little confused about it, maybe you can help me...you don't have the WHOLE Entertainment Weekly review of Stapp's album in your sig...is that because they said this:
"That said, is there a more self-important rocker out there? His Hallmark card clichés and dull portentousness weigh down every track". (Note: I think they MEANT to say "pretentiousness" here, as it would make more sense). Or is it because they actually only gave it a C+?

Also, you have a negative review of AB on there, which is quite clever...well, no, it isn't, and I'll explain why: if you are wanting to compare it appropriately, I think that you should have the EW review of One Day Remains in comparison...oh, that's right, you probably looked that up and found out that EW gave ODR a B, which, I'm sure, even YOU know that a B is higher than a C+, don't you?