Thread: Marijuana
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004, 08:45 PM   #19
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
My problem with legalizing pot is that it will be just like alcohol, no one will respect it and they will abuse it. My personal opinion is it should be illegal. I've never used the stuff so I really wouldnt know any benefit, then again I wouldnt really care. Personally I look down on those who use it, thats me, deal with it. If it gets legalized you know that some shithead will get behind the wheel and kill someone. Its takes only ONE person to ruin something for everyone. The only way I would ever support legalization is if there were stricter penalties - same with alcohol. None of this house arrest, AA, suspended licenses, probation, or 'slap-on-the-wrist' bullshit. No, one DUI/DWI should be enough for a max sentence in a Federal pounding in the ass prison. Add an age limit, and then and only then will I support it. Medical purposes is one thing, if it should be legalized for medical purposes then it should only be available through prescription.

Those are my two cents, the only good thing I can even think about is the elimination of a black market. Despite what the white guy with blonde dreads says, Im still not convinced.