View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 06:31 PM   #27
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) i hear ya.
in my intergovernmental relations class today we were discussing almost these very points. and the point about the US being involved in a couple of wars was brought up. we are providing assistance in other methods. we have no obligation to be helping (unless you consider an ethical/moral pov); and yet we've provided $350 million, not to mention assistance through air support and military personnel coming ashore to assist with distribution. so that's a little more than $350 in net worth. and just a thought/question: how much aid did Floridians receive from other nations late this summer and early fall?

fair point in your closing question but the u.s can help itself. countries like sri lanka and indonesia just don't have the means to help themselves after such an event. about what fluttergirl said flutter are you saying that if the u.s ceased to exist all countries would fall apart including all the first world countries? i think it would be devestating but the world would recover in time. the u.s has an empire of sorts but like all empires before it, it will go and will be replaced. besides there are many countries in this world where their citizens have a better standard of living than the average american.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie