View Single Post
Old 01-15-2003, 03:20 PM   #15
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Marsley -- I am not sure if you are directing your anger at me or hotforscott ... but all I can say is that if you re-read your post, I wonder if you will still say that you are not being negative. It seems to me that the only one jumping down anyone's throat here is you.

If your anger is directed at hotforscott...
I think you're being a bit harsh. She was not being nasty by saying people are sometimes negative, she was just stating a fact. And the fact is, that lately there HAS been a lot of negativity ... first with the "C" show and now this. If you don't think that you are negative, then I'm not quite sure why you would take that statement so personally! She didn't point you out ... she just implied "people." She was just stating HER opinion and you've now jumped at her for it ... the same thing you are saying we shouldn't do.

If your anger is directed at me...
Well, I really don't care what you think and I don't appreciate your throwing jabs at me by your "I don't need to watch something 20 times to understand what happened" remark!!! If that's not NEGATIVE, then I don't know what is!! I watched it over and over so that I could be sure of my interpretation of it BEFORE I went shooting my mouth off about it.

There were some things being stated here that were not a matter of opinion ... they were just incorrect. I'm not saying it was done intentionally, but it is easy to misunderstand something when you've only seen it once and weren't prepared for it. When I saw what happened, at first I was like ... "What the hell just happened??" That's why I re-watched it. After reading some things here that I AM SURE did not happen, I felt compelled to clarify. If it was just my opinion, I would have said so. But I wasn't trying to just give my opinion, I was trying to give the facts of exactly what was said on the stage.

What was ACTUALLY said up there is NOT a matter of opinion. How people interpret what was said ... THAT is a matter of opinion. I know what I saw and I DEFINITELY know what I heard! If you re-read my post you will see that after I explained the FACTs (what was actually said), I then gave my OPINION of how I interpreted it. You can choose to believe whatever you want.

My point was ...
Creed has been the target of a lot of insults from the media and non-Creed fans ... perhaps that's why some fans are now on the defensive! I AM A CREED FAN!!! I would NEVER condone anyone publically bashing them ... particularly on an award show where they are being acknowledged for their accomplishments. I was hoping to have people realize that Creed WASN'T being bashed up there. I would think that should have been a POSITIVE thing!! ... I guess "NOT!!"