View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 04:19 PM   #15
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I don't think Creed songs are at all repetitive. I can hear all the Creed songs, and within 5 seconds of hearing a song, I can tell you which one it is. The songs don't all sound the same, at least not in my opinion. But I did get sick of my brother(non-Creed fan) hearing a Creed song and saying "all their songs sound the same." Then I had to explain to him that they don't and, in effect, defend Creed. Of course, I grew accustomed to having to defend Creed because, hey, it was and probably still is popular to bash Creed, or at least it's that way for the media.

The other day I went with my Bro(the non-Creed fan mentioned above) to Best Buy. We looked at CDs and One Day Remains was on the best sellers rack, a few CDs down from the Creed Greatest Hits. I pointed ODR out to my Bro and said "You should get this album" He picked it up(which was surprising, because I didn't expect him to even touch it) and looked at the tracklisting. Then he said something to the effect of "WRIF plays Open Your Eyes alot, and I don't like that song." So then I said "Trust me, the other songs sound NOTHING like that one. That's definitely not the best song on the CD. Plus, there's a ton of awesome guitar solos on there." Sadly, that wasn't enough to convince him, and he put it back down. I forgot to say that, since he is an Audioslave fan, he'd probably like the vocalist(Myles) in Alter Bridge. I'm not sure if that would have convinced him, but it might have helped. Ah well, least I tried. Hopefully he'll smarten up and buy it.

Wow. Your brother sounds like exactly the kind of person that the Broken Wigns release will alienate even further... GRRR

Anyway, Their songs don't all sound the same. MOP has very unique songs. Great album. Human clay DOES sound absurdly alike. And yes, after hearing five seconds I can tell the difference, but that's because I have listened to them all plenty. Weathered has some standout songs (the first three) but as usual the singles all follow the same ridiculously obvious formula. Either way repetative songs that sound the same don't make the songs bad, just makes people sick of them really fast, which is why so many people hate Creed.