View Single Post
Old 04-24-2004, 02:16 PM   #162
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
Did somebody actually count the ridges?

Quote: February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
Wish we had more of those. Maybe the kids wouldn't be so cranky.

Quote: If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.
And yet, it seems so much longer

Quote: No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
Too bad. My favorite color is purple

Quote: Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
Interesting

Quote: The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
I guess no one went over in barrels that winter.

Quote: The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).
Don't forget 'radar'. You know that loveable charater from MASH

Quote: There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous
Unless of course, you're BearFan, where a lot of words end in them. I love when you make up your own words BearFan (i.e. stapparoni - I think that is my favorite)

Wow, that was great BearFan. There is another thread here that Higher Desire (I think) started just recently about useless information. You should put this information there