Thread: Funny video!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 04:27 PM   #11
sdarr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Stapp or Myles

I've seen some of the comparisons and things said about both singer and I have this to reply. Sombody did bring up a good point earlier about not being able to trully judge thier singing style's from different band or projects such as MF4. This is a good point but only makes it more scary for Stapp fans because Myles has gotten better and better with each album. The differance between Fall out and Second skin are pretty huge to any trained vocalist. I'm not going to down Scotty because his raw passion and meaningful lyrics will forever have his signature on, in my oppinon, some of rocks greatest songs ever written. His ability to get positive messages out into the mainstream, without getting pigeon holed in "christian" music was espeacially amazing. Nobody can take that away from him. However I think that "Creed" fans will be more than a little surprised at what Myles can do.

As mentioned earlier, he has gotten better at ever aspect of his singing inbetween albums. I can't even imagine at where he's at now. The one thing that does separate Myles from Scott is his ego or lack there off. Myles is very down to earth, and obviously Mark is extremely talented. With these two working together and recipricating insight back and forth will only make the both of them that much better. Without hearing one note I'll be freaken amazed if those two are even capable of writing something bad. It's also been about 2-3 years since Second Skin and it's hard to fathom how good Myles is by now. For all of you baritone fans, listen to the begining of "Carry on" from thier second skin album, he could grumble those lows.

I hate to sound bias but when I heard the tragic news that Myles might not be able to sing cause of his tennitus I was destroyed. The fact that he's been able to fight that battle and now I hear of this oppourtunity I trully see it to be gods gift to everyone. In case you guys didn't know Myles is quite religious, listen to some of his lyrics, another great quality of the guy.

Now that I'm getting all wierd and this post is 8 pages long I think I've said enough.

I'm just saying that I think the devoting "Creed" fans will have a hard time fighting, when they hear him, thier love and enthusiasm for Myles.