View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 12:32 PM   #1
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
AB 2ND Update from ABB.NET

I felt like posting this in here to keep informed all the CreedFeed members. I took it from ABB.NET. Michael posted this morning at the board.

P.S. I added to more posts from Michael

Quote: Wow! Italy! I freaking love this country. The show was amazing and I'll tell you more about it later. The Italians showed us a hell of a good time last night and, to be honest, I am feeling the pain right now so I will keep this short for now.

The main thing I wanted to tell you all was that the guys did Enter Sandman by Metallica last night in Italy. It was totally unplanned and off the cuff. Mark told the Italians that Myles knows every cover song ever made and asked them to shout something out. A kid yelled out ENTER SANDMAN and Myles started ripping into it. What happpened next made me drop my video camera. Mark grabbed the mike and started singing the song!!! All the band members were smiling and the crowd totally went berserk! It was awesome. The crowd started chanting TRE-MON-TI over and over. It just goes to show that you never know what is going to happen at an Alter Bridge show. Every one is different in some way. OK, gotta go take some Advil. Did I mention that I love Italy? Haha

Michael

Quote: Also wanted to add that I met the MODS of alterbridge.it at the show. They were very cool people. I want to shout out an apology to them, however, because I promised to have Myles plug the site and hold up one of their T-shirts on stage. It did not happen and it was my fault because I forgot to give Myles the shirt before the encore. The reason was that before the encore, the band and I were so shocked that Mark started singing that we were all talking about it and laughing and then it was time for them to go back on. In the ensuing chaos I forgot to grab the shirt. Sorry guys!

Quote: Lets see. What else? I met some really cool guys before the show that were huge fans. I brought them in to soundcheck and chatted with them for a while. After soundcheck one of them told me that he had brought a bottle of Malbec that his father had made in his own vineyard for us to share. I told them to hold on to it until after the show.

After the show, I saw the guys again outside but I had to tell them to hang back for a while because the band got absolutely crushed by fans when they came outside. It got so chaotic and crazy that I had to let the Italian security guys take over. The band loved it though and signed for everybody. The security guys had to form a ring around them because the fans were screaming and pushing in to get to them. It was like one of those old Beatles news-reels come to life. Crazy!

Anyway, we got the guys on the bus and after the crowd thinned out a bit I found our new friends with the wine. I brought the band outside the bus and we all raised a toast with about 20 fans and just hung with them and chatted for about a half hour. I can't say enough about how kind, respectful and friendly the Italians were. It was like we were all just a big group of friends hanging out.

One more shout out to Damiano, Michael and the rest of the guys. If you read this, please know that we all thank you for making us feel so at home in a far away country. And, by the way, tell your father that the band and I all agree that it was one of the best bottles of wine we have ever had, made even more special by sharing it with our new Italian friends.

Michael

Last edited by Trimontana : 03-13-2005 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Two more new posts