View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 10:53 AM   #30
RalphyS
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: I found this interesting.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Where do you get the idea that God can do anything? God can't perform an evil act. That is something very simple which He can't do.

As far as I've always heard, God is besides omniscient also omnipotent, which means he can do anything, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Sure He does. But He can't do anything contrary to His nature. That doesn't take away His will. You can't become invisible. Does that mean you aren't free?.

I don't get it, God did create us in his image, didn't he. So if he cannot do anything against his nature, why can we do things against his/our nature. Or did he create us with a different nature? Why did he create us as sinners than? Isn't it against his nature to create something that can act against his nature?

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Well at least you recognize that one can't disprove God. As for the burden of proof, I would say it is on you. For one thing, we need to have been created by someone, i.e. God. Seems like you have to come up with an alternative possibility (i.e. that something can come from nothing, thus disproving every rule of science we have and making your positions even more untenable), or else God wins.

It's the question of the chicken and the egg. You say that nothing can come from nothing, but in the same sentence you state that God was the origin and therefore always was and therefore does not need a cause. This is circular logic, if every effect needs a cause, so does God, unless he was created by God's God.

The problem with believing in God is, that God must be the answer to everything, but he isn't. While a non-believer can simply say, I do not know.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl