View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 10:25 AM   #28
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: I found this interesting.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Same difference.
Question: God can do anything.
Answer: God cannot contradict himself.
Conclusion: God cannot do anything => God is not omnipotent => the God of the bible cannot exist.

Where do you get the idea that God can do anything? God can't perform an evil act. That is something very simple which He can't do.

Quote: Another proof that the God of the bible cannot exist, if I can do something he cannot. It also goes to the question of 'free will', apparently we have 'free will', but God himself hasn't.

Sure He does. But He can't do anything contrary to His nature. That doesn't take away His will. You can't become invisible. Does that mean you aren't free?

Quote: This is correct, but now we also have to assume that Santa Claus, unicorns, goblins, giants, elfs and any other fantasy figure are real, since I cannot disprove them either. Atheists have always stated that the burden of proof lies with those who make the positive assertation, namely that God exists. It is impossible to prove that something doesn't exist, unless your omniscient indeed, that does not stop us from intelligently deducing that some things do not exist.

Well at least you recognize that one can't disprove God. As for the burden of proof, I would say it is on you. For one thing, we need to have been created by someone, i.e. God. Seems like you have to come up with an alternative possibility (i.e. that something can come from nothing, thus disproving every rule of science we have and making your positions even more untenable), or else God wins.