View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 09:08 AM   #23
Canuckfish
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: I found this interesting.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) So God cannot do anything? He is bounded by the law of non-contradiction.

God cannot contradict himself. That is all I said.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Well if he is bound by it, I surely am, therefore I cannot state absolutely that there is no absolute truth and therefore your whole site is meaningless.

You can state it but you would be contradiciting yourself. God cannot contradict Himself, we can. God cannot lie, we can.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Btw if God is unknowable (for the most part) and works in mysterious ways, how are you able to define the parameters of his nature? If you are not able to define them, how do you know what lies within these parameters?

He has revealed them to us in His Word.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Also, your supposition that atheists consider themselves gods is utter nonsense, we have non-belief in gods and we, humans, do not fall under any kind of definition for gods.

What is your ultimate authority?

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) We don't deny a higher authority, because we do not want there to be one, but because there simply is none.

You cannot prove a universal negative. You would have to be omniscient and omnipresent to be able to say there is NO God. You would have to be God to say there is no God. Hardly convincing.

Thanks for your comments Ralph,

Sye