View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 07:39 PM   #39
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) There's nothing that says you HAVE to be excited for ANY of the upcoming things. You don't HAVE to be excited for Stapp's effort, you don't HAVE to be excited for the New band.

There don't have to be sides either. People seem to construe "more excitement for one or the other" As being "against" the other. For some people, I'm sure that's the truth, and that's their choice. I"m MUCH more eager and excited for "TNB" than I am for Stapp. I wish them both success, and I have my thoughts/opinions about who I think will do better album wise.

I'm really though wondering what people need to hear to "get" that Creed's basically over (at least for the time being. Never say never, but don't hold your breath)?
WU is not stupid enough (though I wonder sometimes) to say "Creed, our biggest $$$$ maker, the band that MADE this lable, is breaking up". You SPIN it and say "Extended break". Happens ALL THE TIME in the music world. Bands need breaks. Personalities clash, personal shit goes down, you want time to yourself and your life.

I would rather have them not be forced to co-exist, when it appears that's not what they want. A forced, "We don't really want to do this, but we have to" album would SUCK. It'd be a slap in the face to Creed. If they regroup 5-10 years down the road..if that's the time it takes for things to heal...all the power to them. If this is 100% it....thank you for the music, thank you for the memories, thank you for the friends because of it, and I hope you're happy. As a fan, that's all I can ask.

Well said, Erin.

Relearn Love