View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 08:56 PM   #91
Braddsn
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp on Live with Regis and Kelly

Greetings! This is just my take..Let me say this,and argue it if you want, but by researching, you will find this is true: Creed was one of, if not THE most successful rock band in the world for an nearly a decade. Case closed. Some will try and dispute this im sure, but before you do, check out the facts first. (Record sales, sold out shows, #1 hits, etc.) Now, I know Stapp can be a tool... I have seen it. He is an alcoholic no doubt.. and alcoholism causes 'some' people to morph into complete assholes, etc. I have family members who are struggling with it, and they are the nicest people you could ever meet until they "have a few".. Now that does not make it ok. So yes, he has some problems that he needs to deal with. BUT, in his defense.... many of you are quick to judge, but probably have NO idea what its like to be the frontman for the biggest rock band on the planet. Now to make matters worse, you are right in the middle of taking this band to the top, touring your f'ing ass off, and you find out you have nodules on your vocal cords. Think that is no big deal??? Think again. It is very serious. However, with the kind of contracts and money rolling in to the record company/producers, do you think they are going to let him take a break? HAHAHA... a break means millions lost... so inject him with whatever it takes to keep him on stage, regardless of consequenses. Well, some of the stuff that his so called "doc" had him on (prednizone and many other things) had severe consequences when stopped cold turkey. I.E. withdrawals, other addiction, depression, weight gain, etc etc. It is medically documented that many people have died as a result of coming off Prednisone too quickly. Yes this took its toll on Scott and caused problems with the band. So instead of taking a break after the tour and helping him when he needed it most, they left him high and dry. Because of M O N E Y... Good friends they were. They actually left him in a hotel after a show WHILE he was having severe withdrawal symptoms.. (fever, shaking, vomiting, passing out.. etc). Good friends they were. Good band mates. I am sure they were fed up with his shit, but COME ON.. leave your friend to possibly die?
Also on another note, and I am sure you will argue this too... but Stapp was Creed. Period. Tremonti, Phillips, good musicians no doubt. But Stapp... he was the voice, and the reason Creed rose to the top. And he is an incredible songwriter. His new solo project, "The Great Divide" is proof of it. Ok now I know I am going to get flamed by some... thats cool. But I just wanted to reveal another angle to all of this. Remember this too... rock LEGENDS, like Jim Morrison for example.. Morrison was a complete idiot also when he was high/drunk (which was most of his life).. and he even drank himself to death in his 20's... but he never got the negative publicity Stapp is getting, because back then, media was scarce. Nowadays, the media is so intense, that every single aspect of a celebrity's personal life is revealed. Especially the negative stuff. Ok so I am done. :-)