View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 02:47 AM   #27
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Here's what a Michigan gal said about Alter Bridge (The actual bridge LOL)...just for some background on it....I dunno it helped make sense to me.

Quote: From Shelly (StappsBabe)
Alter Bridge is indeed a bridge ...it sits on Alter Road....(That runs the length from Grosse Pointe to Detroit) and connects Grosse Pointe to Detroit.

I used to hang out in a park near the Alter Bridge...it was a place where all the "stoners" in Grosse Pointe would hang out after the bars closed.

I lived in Harper Woods then (which is about 10 min. from there) and half of my friends lived in one of the Grosse Pointe's. (there's Grosse Pointe Shores, G.P. Farms, and just plain ol' Grosse Pointe)

I think it's a great band name and awesome because only the local area would know about it otherwise. No one but the VERY local people even call it the Alter Bridge that I'm aware of and because it runs from the "rich" side of town (the Grosse Pointes) to the "poor" side of town (Detroit), it has significant meaning. It's so odd to drive down Alter road in the G.P's and see all the HUGE mansion-type houses with expensive cars in their driveways and then before you know it, ONE street over, you are faced with the harsh realities of the poor...run-down houses, unmanicured lawns and crime. VERY interesting choice for a band name IMO.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.