View Single Post
Old 12-26-2003, 09:10 PM   #18
Malevolence
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Alright, alright.

Enough of that.

The Bottom Line:

Learn how to type more efficiently and clearly. It's very difficult for people to understand you if you don't take the time to create thought out and understandable text.

I always skip replies that are muddled, confusing, poorly presented, and without any actual content.

Frankly, if you don't take the time to give me something clear to read, I'm not going to spend three hours trying to decipher whatever the hell is being said.

Now. Back to the topic.

Creed's Legacy is, honestly, both publicly nonexistant and prevalent at the same time.

Creed came in when Rock n' Roll was going through a pretty strange phase.

Essentially, it was only being fueled by lyrically "edgy", spritless, lifeless, scummy-drummy acts that based their entire musical content on freaking people out.

Rock was dwindling around the likes of Manson. God. Think about that people.

The days when Manson was making the rock music people actually thought was good.

Gives me the creeps. Hmph.

Well, really, looking back -- the early 90's was not very kind to the rock scene.

People SAY Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, other Seattle-rock bands were the revolution for rock. Also, we had rock/rap fusion -- which was like rap, except with rock riffs ... which was ok, but still ... sucky.

There were also a few weak punk acts. If you want to hear some really crappy punk -- the kind that was going around at the time -- check out the Offspring. And AFI's first four ( or three? ) albums. ( ED note -- Sing The Sorrow is their only good album. Decent album. Period. )

With bands like Pearl Jam and Soundgarden representing the rock and roll world... well.

It was no doubt people turned to pop and hip hop for music.

I refuse to comment on Nirvana's contribution to music, by the way. Seattle's Nirvana ... I won't go into it.

Creed's Legacy stands, however, unknown to many. Creed revolutionized and re-established the true essence of Rock n' Roll.

They established strong live shows instead of using gimmickly flam acts, put in lyrical content instead of mindless dribble, made their content GOOD; instead of making their songs entirely depressive, obscure, jaded, discontent, and droll -- as the trend was -- they showed you can have great music without having to be negative.

Plus, musically, they inspired a new sound. Pearl Jam cutouts, my tush.

The music world, in general, simply does not realize the impact that Creed had on rock.

Creed MADE Wind Up. Without Wind Up, we wouldn't have bands like 12 Stones, Evanescence, and the like.

Furthermore, with Creed's new, self-made sound and solid music, they inspired other bands to success without having to submit to gimmicks, and other crap.

People don't know it, for the most part.

Creed did alot to change the face of rock, the inspiriation of other bands, the trends of music, and the like. Merely by existing, and doing their own thing -- essentially, establishing a more melodic, yet hard-hitting rock.

That's their legacy. Most people won't acknowledge it, but if you look at the music scene back then, you can see how Creed changed alot of things for the better.

They created hope for the rock scene. Sure, they're not as heavy as I'd like them to be. And yes, the Christian references do throw off people about the truth of Creed and the point of their music.

But, damnit, Creed just sounds better than at least two thirds of the rock acts out there. Every song is worthy of being a single. ( With about three or four exceptions out of the 40-odd something songs they've made. Like Lullaby. And Never Die. )

No other band sounds like, changed the face of rock, or made a statement like Creed. At their height, they were renowned as American rock at it's best.

Clean Cut. Solid. Hard Hitting. Passionate. Powerful.

That's Creed legacy.