View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 05:47 PM   #5
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I think it is way too early to judge them as being successful or not. They've only put out one CD and have only been around for little over a year and a half. The CD is a success, despite it not selling as much as some expected. AB went gold without that much radio airplay(bands with more airplay, like Saliva, for instance, did not sell as many copies of their CD as AB did) and without a huge amount of promotion. They didn't make a CD that was radio-friendly, at least not in my opinion. They, instead, made a CD that rock purists can respect and enjoy. Gotta commend them for that, because in this day and age, a lot of Rock bands "sell-out" and make radio-friendly CDs.

The guys have shown that they are committed to this band. They've toured a ton over the last year. They've performed at a major Sports event, had their music featured on soundtracks, had their music used in the WWE at least a few times, the list goes on. Sure, maybe they got to perform at the All-star game because of the Creed connection, but obviously, someone thought they were good enough on their own to perform there.

I think we can only judge AB's success five years from now, when they've hopefully released a couple more CDs and done some more things. The potential is there for this band to become a great band, but it is way too early to say that now. I'll say this: they are off to a very good start.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!