Thread: Jeremiah
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #27
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

Jeremiah 10:7 "Who would not fear thee, O King of nations? for to thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms, there is none like unto thee."

So it is true. There are no false little gods who can compare nor are there any wise men who can. The word fear can also mean revere. But He is the king of all the nations and on that first day of the Millenium every knee of very nation shall bow before him. Actually this is documented in more than one place but most relevantly here in Revelation Chapter 15.

Revelation 15:3 And they sing the song of Mo'-ses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints."

The Song of Moses, written in Deuteronomy 32, is the song that those who overcome Satan and who are not deceived by him will be singing. This is part of that song.

Revelation 15:4 "Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest."

So there it is. How many nations shall come and worship before Christ? ALL nations will do so. It's going to be quite a time, 1,000 years of peace, learning, and discipline. We'll head back to Jeremiah again.

Jeremiah 10:8 "But they are altogether brutish and foolish: the stock is a doctrine of vanities

What we have here in this chapter is kind of a comparison and contrast between God and these little idols. This verse is saying that those who worship and depend upon these carved wood idols are foolish. The word stock here means wood or tree and it's saying it's a doctrine of emptiness. And so it is. I mean which would you rather go with... the God of all the nations to which every nation will one day bow, or some little carved out piece of wood that you have to fasten to keep from falling over? Would you rather less to someone behind a pulpit talk and talk and get all emotional but not really say anything.... or would you rather listen to Your Father? One of those paths is vanity and the other path is to blessings and eternal life. It shouldn't be too hard to decide.

Jeremiah 10:9 "Silver spread into plates is brought from Tarshish, and gold from Uphaz, the work of the workman, and of the hands of the founder: blue and purple is their clothing: they are all the work of cunning men."

I mean they make it look really pretty and holy. They get the finest silver and gold and decorate their idols and they even make clothes for them of blue and purple, the color of royalty. It doesn't matter, it's still just a hunk of wood. Do you understand today it's not so much hunks of wood but doctrine being preached from a pulpit? Do you understand there are people who will try to pretty up and even cover up the beautiful truth from God's Word? They tell people what they think they want to hear to soothe their mind and make it sound religious. "You don't need to understand the book of Revelation because God loves you so much that you're going to be the first one taken from the field and you'll be "raptured away, oh hallelujah, praise Jesus." Friends, the first one who shows up to take someone from the field is none other than Satan and it should be clear to a child that when the word Revelation means of course to reveal or uncover that maybe just maybe God did send it and have it written so that it could be read and understood. But it sounds holy and tickles the ear so unfortunately many drink it in. You remember that water of gall and water tainted by wormwood? That's what it tastes like spiritually speaking. Stick with the simplicity and the purity of the living water offered by the Living Word, Jesus Christ.

Jeremiah 10:10 "But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation

Everlasting king, meaning king of the ages or king of eternity.Nations come and go. Kingdoms come and go. God's kingdom is everlasting. But let me ask you, does that verse scare you or trouble you? It shouldn't. Have you done anything to deserve His wrath or indignation? Well, I've sinned. Join the club! If you've repented of those sins, then guess what? He's not angry at you. He's only angry at those who just don't care and those who do evil. He's mostly angry at those who do evil. If you at least try to follow Him and do His will, He counts that as a lot.

Jeremiah 10:11 "Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens."

[color="blue"]This is pretty much common sense, but what's interesting is this verse is in Chaldee, the language of the Babylonian captors. It's the only verse in the entire book of Jeremiah written in Chaldee. So this is a message even to their captors saying, "your little wood idols are going to be gone and the true God is going to reign. I don't know, I'll ask again, what do you put your faith and hope in? There is an eternity, even for some who at one point followed their own false gods, false idols, and false religious ideas. God loves the people all the same. He doesn't love what they all do necessarily. But He does love them. Again, His kingdom is everlasting, and it's really not all that hard to be a part of it. You do have to love Him enough to try to do things His way. With what He's done for us, how can you not?

Jeremiah 10:12 "He hath made the earth by His power, He hath established the world by His wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by His discretion."

[color="blue"]I mean as it says in Genesis, He created the world and everything He created was good. It was exactly as He wanted it. Everything we see around us that is created, every natural force and laws of science that govern our planet and our universe, God put them in effect.

Jeremiah 10:13 "When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures"

[color="blue"]It is almost funny how carried away people get with global warming, or I guess it's climate change now. Or are we back to global warming? Man has polluted a great deal, this is true. It's also true that this is not a good thing. But God is still firmly in control of the weather and the climate and man can't do anything to change that. But again can these little wood gods do that? I don't think so! They can get wet, rotted out, and destroyed by lightning but that's about the extent of it.

Jeremiah 10:14 "Every man is brutish in his knowledge: every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them."

[color="blue"]There's no life or spirit in them. The Hebrew word is ruwach.

xwr ruwach, roo'-akh; from 07306; wind; by resemblance breath, i.e. a sensible (or even violent) exhalation; figuratively, life, anger, unsubstantiality; by extension, a region of the sky; by resemblance spirit, but only of a rational being (including its expression and functions):--air, anger, blast, breath, × cool, courage, mind, × quarter, × side, spirit((-ual)), tempest, × vain, ((whirl-))wind(-y).

Why would you want to waste your time on either an idol or a "doctrine" that is completely and utterly lifeless? When instead you can follow Almighty God who created the universe and your very soul? The one who put life into you? And some would go chasing after something dead instead. They do it many of them out of ignorance to be sure. But that's why those who have that truth must share it so that in planting a seed maybe someone who is spiritually dead will receive it and come to life, even everlasting life.

Jeremiah 10:15 "They are vanity, and the work of errors: in the time of their visitation they shall perish."

[color="blue"]Now this isn't necessarily talking about the people here, although unfortunately some of them will perish as well. But this is all the false idols, false doctrine, false religions and traditions. Even anything that takes you away from God that you place above Him, that's an idol in your life. It's going to be done away with, and the best thing for you is to do away with it yourself before we come to this point. Idolatry is a pretty serious sin in God's eyes, but it's not unforgivable. And, again, He knows you. He knows what's in your mind and heart, so no matter what be sincere with Him. But certainly all the idols will be destroyed, as well the rudiments that offend at the time of God's judgment.

I'll stop there for now. I've got to find some more time to do this but I will be back tomorrow.

Merry Christmas and God Bless,

Jason