Thread: Jeremiah
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #19
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sasa) I love his words and his story is so very interesting to me personally, the book is called "There is a River" and I loved it.

Your very welcome for the response.

Please continue with your commentary, sorry to get you off subject, Jason.
Just wanted to talk a little.

No problem Sasa. I obviously am not as intrigued by him and my words of caution do stand toward anyone, not just you. But we all make our own way and path, and interesting reading can be, well, interesting.

On to chapter 9 now. I will say that in regards to Sasa's comments this book certainly can be a "downer" for some perhaps. There's a reason why Jeremiah also had a book called Lamentations right after this one. But again, there is an answer and a way out.Again, I keep going back to Jeremiah 7:23, which is becoming one of my favorite verses. In the midst of all the negative in this same book what does it say? "Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be My people, and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

Or even in Chapter 3, the very chapter where God wrote Israel a bill of divorce. 10 of the 12 tribes of His "chosen people" He divorced. But what does He say starting in verse 12 of that Chapter? "Return thou backsliding Israel and I will not cause Mine anger to fall upon you. I mean He divorced them and they were married to another spiritually speaking. Hebrew law and customs said that in the fleshly literal sense a man would not take his wife back under those circumstances. God is going to. He even says in the midst of all the false teachers and false churches in this book in 3:15 that He will give them pastors according to His heart and in verse 23 of that third chapter which is also very beautiful, and it reads.
Jeremiah 3:23 "Truly in vain is salvation hoped for from the hills, and from the multitude of mountains: truly in the LORD our God is the salvation of Israel."

Friends, that salvation of course is not just for Israel. It's for whomsoever will. You can't find your own way or work out your own way to salvation. He paid that price, because He was worthy and we're not. He of course being Jesus Christ. But the amazing thing is He thought you were worthy enough to die for. But you can try any "religion" you want, you can pray to some old pile of wood or your car if you want to. You'd probably look a little funny doing so. But the point is there's only place only in one individual in which you'll find salvation and peace of mind, and that's in Jesus Christ.

I wanted to start out with something positive because Chapter 9 is going to be pretty negative. But again, the anger, the disappointment, the wrath if you will, it's only if you're not doing things God's Way. And even if you're not, it's still not too late to get back to doing it His way at this time. So okay, on to Chapter 9.