View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 12:47 AM   #81
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) God, I feel like a broken record. People were still hoping Creed was going to put out another album, so the breakup, which was announced in June, is still a sore point with a lot of fans. It's still new to a lot of people. With AIC it was common knowledge that they were done after a few years. AIC's last studio release (aside from the MTV performance) was in 1995 and Layne's drug problems had been well-documented. They didn't even tour for the release of Tripod. Just about everyone knew AIC was pretty much done. Same with STP and Scott Weiland's mess. Jerry Cantrell's solo CD came out in 1998, a full three years after AIC's inactivity.

Eddie Vedder can't hit the high notes the way he used to, but his voice still has very good tone and he is never flat. I have countless bootlegs and I saw them as recently as last year, and the man was on his game. Scott's voice has suffered much more.

And as I said, I don't give a crap about his personal life. It has nothing to do with my enjoyment of the man's music.

With regard to AB, I will agree that there are some songs that sound too Creedish and I wish they had gone in more of the direction of the songs that Myles had a hand in. That has been discussed quite a bit on these boards. I was critical myself. I still enjoy their album, though, and I'm looking forward to their sophomore effort, which my guess is, will sound less like Creed. They will find their own sound. Some of this stuff was written during the Weathered tour, probably for the fourth album before things went sour.

*claps*
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie