View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 09:56 PM   #76
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) People are really missing the point here. Why is it that we can't criticize a performance if it was not to our liking? It has nothing to do with Scott Stapp as a person, or his fricken image, for crying out loud. Bottom line is, some of the stuff he has done since the breakup has not been good.

This has been my exact point from the beginning. I must not be voicing myself properly I guess. I have nothing against Stapp as a musician. I became a Creed fan for many of the same reasons as everyone else - Stapp's voice, the deep lyrics, and the crunching music arrangements. But, as Dogstar said, some stuff Stapp has done recently isn't to my liking. His voice has gone down the drain since the last year and a half of Creed. Some of his live performances have sounded bad IMO. Also some of his actions in the public scene have been less than perfect. That has made me lose respect for Stapp, but that doesn't mean I don't like his music. I'm not going to stop listening to Creed because Stapp got in a fight. If Tremonti gets arrested for some crime tomorrow, I'm not going to not listen to AB. I'm no less of a fan of Stapp, Creed, or AB than anyone else - respecting the musicians as people has nothing to do with it.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"