View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 03:42 PM   #38
Robin101
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed made Stapp?

Is this what happens when Stapp doesn't do something controversial for awhile? We have to revisit old threads?

Creed made Stapp...Stapp made Creed. I don't think there's any concrete evidence to support either view. Stapp was the principal songwriter and had one of the most established voices in the business. The Great Divide, however, was proof that he's not quite as effective without Tremonti (and vice-versa). Gone Blind are a very talented band but are Rincon, Curry, Burman and Archer as talented as Tremonti, Marshall and Phillips? I don't think so. In my opinion, Stapp's contributions were the difference between Creed being just another fish in an overcrowded pond and, inevitably, becoming the biggest.

A fourth Creed album would have debuted at #1 and been a huge hit. Weathered went straght to #1 and remained there for eight weeks - a record they share with The Beatles. Not bad for a band on the decline!

Stapp's well documented private life and general mixed reviews of his album were the major reasons behind the rather indifferent start to his solo career. The album, although a solid, if unspectacular effort, seemed lacking in inspiration and, at times, rushed. It was almost as if he was competing with someone...

An inspired Stapp will deliver an outstanding second album. A problem-free Stapp will shift millions of albums and (re)gain the respect of the music industry.

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger