View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 11:38 PM   #45
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I know, he welps everytime he has to walk on it, but he is getting up and going potty, and eating and drinking, so that's good, but you can tell he really wants to play, and can't, because it hurts. I am giving him the pain meds as directed, and he has had some diareah, but Craig says that the meds and stress cause it, and that's it's normal, and as long as he is eating, he is okay. I feel so awful, but the vet said once a week, they get a toy dog like that in there with something broken. I can take the cast off in 5 days, but he has to be watched really closely, because if he naws at it too much he could tighten it and cut off his circulation. I noticed that when he first got home, and was doped up on the shot they gave him, that he nawed at his stitches a lot, and I had to watch real close, and nip it in the bud, cuz that would have been a HUGE mess. I am telling you, this has been a roller coaster. It's a good thing these dogs are known to live 15-17 years, because I don't think I will be taking on another puppy for quite some time. I am exausted mind, body and pocketbook. He is worth it though.