View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 01:23 AM   #46
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Homosexuality Is Result Of Genes, Brain Structure, Hormones, Contradicts fundies.

Quote: (Originally Posted by snake81) Ok, before you go off here's what I pulled up.

Now my main thing is that if a person comes from a straight family, (And Im talking about they are 100% straight, not pretending to be straight due to society) and that person turns out to be gay. I cant see that being genetics because genetics would have to be something that was in the family. And it does happen that way.

And it has also happened to where people who considered themselves homosexual chose to be hetrosexual and actually stopped there homosexual behavior (And without hiding)

2 things what gives Richard Cohen (a news man and author with M.S.) the credentials to say such he is not a scientist so he could have been speakign from opinion. and 2 this was back in 2000 many things including our understanding of genetic science has changed drastically (stem cell research is a great example).

to address you 100% straight family strawman I have but one response genetic mutation happens thats how evolution works... and yes it has been demonstrated that evolution happens heck even pope JPII believed in evolution.

yeah a homosexual can act hetrosexual it doesn't mean that they are. hell I can act gay and kiss a guy friend I have full on the lips with some tounge action it doesn't mean that I am gay so whats the point of this comment?