View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 01:43 PM   #15
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by PJAmerica) I see your direction and intent. I respect your views the same as anyone else's. However, what I quoted above needs guidance in my view. For Christians it is called "FAITH" and so there is no need to ask questions. I do not read the bible nor stick to it and yet I have a deep FAITH in GOD. I am not a christian nor do I go to church but yet I have a personal relationship with GOD. I feel that no matter what we all believe in if we are good people and try to live to the best of our ability even in our mistakes that we eventually all have the same goal. To live and love and find validation in our lives.

For so many who have no faith it is hard to understand why people such as christians and other elements of religion do not question there beliefs. I believe in equality of view and feelings. I personaly respect ALL people even if they do not believe in what I do. I am open minded to all things but yet I will not allow anyone to break my faith because it is for me to choose what I find right for my life.

PJ thank you for your post. Yes I am aware of the existance of faith and the standpoint in which Christians take, I should know I was one for close to 20 uears of my life. I do understand faith but I have to disagree with it just beacuse it tends to be based purley out of emotionalism rather than having some sort of proof and then glaze over with faith.

I usually find (in most cases but not all) something to the effect "The God of the Gaps" or the one that pisses me off the most some one runs in to something they don't understand they just say "God did it" or "Thats the way God made it". Rather than believing in Magic and invisible ghosts I prefer to look to science for expainations becasue the explainations are much more detailed indepth and satisfatory.

that is all for now I do have a life out side this computer.....