View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 12:46 AM   #8
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) the funny thing is that you Christians will say "The bible is true" and then ignore its teachings and rules just because something is in the "OT" that is hypocrisy Uncertaindrummer said it best when he said God does not change thats why the chatholic church has not changed well who are you as a Man to say that Gods rules have changed??
damnationi don't think you understand what i'm getting at: we believe the bible is true; and part of this belief is that the Old Testament served as God's Law for His Chosen People. another part of this belief is that Christ's death and resurrection have made it such that we don't need to follow God's laws to the T, as recorded in the Old Testament, in fear of swift, vengeful, and merciless retribution (such as wiping out whole cities, or killing people and their friends for 'merely' joking about a person's unfortunate state of welfare. Christ, through his death and resurrection, has shouldered our blame; and he suffered punishment enough when he was betrayed by a follower (Judas), abandoned and denied by his other followers, and, most importantly, forsaken by his own Father and damned to hell (though only for a few days) because of our errant ways. so while our actions may not always be in line with what God desires, we have the comfort of knowing that we will not die painful deaths as Jesus did and suffer the same eternal that awaits nonbelievers. for this reason, i will pray for you, Anarkist. I pray that you will come to know Jesus for who he really is, for who millions worldwide believe he is.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) Just because the test was written by someone who is an Ex-christian does not make the test invalid these people know the bible as well as you and in most cases better than you ever will. So saying the test is not valid becasue it was written by an Ex-christian is a presuppositional fallacy.
true, it doesn't necessarily invalidate the quiz (interesting word choice on your part: test... bah!). in fact, i'm not sure i said that his lack of faith is cause for invalidation. but considering the source, it is easy to presuppose and, eventually, discover a significant bias in the test. his motives are certainly different from, say, a nun or professor of religious studies writing a bible quiz. i also do find it interesting that his answers do not contain direct quotes but mere paraphrasing of the verse(s) in question.