View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 05:52 AM   #11
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Most in U.S. Favor Death if Saddam Is Convicted

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) If he dies he wont suffer and pay for his crimes;...why cant you see that???

And are you advocating the use of more violence to respond to his violence???

Here's what you don't understand. The majority of Iraqis see Saddam Hussein's execution as justice. If they didn't want him executed they would've sent him to the Hague. And what does this mean: "If he dies he wont suffer and pay for his crimes?" Everybody dies... so I don't know what you're trying to imply. In the Arab world, executions are used as a means for carrying out justice... just because you don't think that it's justified to execute a man who's responsible for the brutal murders of thousands of innocent people does not mean that they can't have a different interpretation of what justice is. They want him to die... and I happen to support their position. Saddam Hussein executed innocent men, women, and children... and you're telling me that that's not enough justification for him to meet that same fate. If anything, he's going to die a more peaceful death (regardless of whether or not he's executed or a guy who dies in prison).

If your government was responsible for the violent murder of your family members, you would rather have that government continue its acts instead of having someone end that regimes violence towards innocent civilians? I mean, you're essentially telling me that going war against Adolf Hitler was wrong.