View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 04:58 AM   #13
RalphyS
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Iraq's WMD Secreted in Syria, Sada Says

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) He wasn't going to use them against the United States or Britain. There was a chance of him using them against Israel, Kurds, Shia, and neighboring states.

He's used chemical agents in the past to massacre his enemies... and now, he's rightfully on trial for those crimes.

Tony Blair's infamous report stated that Iraq could attack the west in something like 5 minutes, if I remember correctly. Dubya always called Saddam a threat to us, so the fear was installed that he could use WMD's against the West, but that's really not what I meant.

If he had WMD's (and to be honest, I thought he probably had something too), he would have no moral problem to use them against an invasion into Iraq. An invasion that would doubtlessly succeed in overthrowing him, so he was in fact backed into a corner he could not get out of. He should have been desperate enough to use any weapons he had, and he did, and there were no WMD's. What reason could he have for shipping them to Syria instead of using them on the invaders? Weren't the troops all equipped with gasmasks, because we were sure they would have to face chemical warfare? The best proof that it wasn't there is that the troops never had to face anything of that sort.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl