View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 02:26 PM   #9
AndrewFromABRox
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I am just copying this off another AB forum, but Mark apparently did an interview the Red Eye in Chicago:

HOW DID YOU HOOK UP WITH MYLES?
His band, the Mayfield Four, opened up for Creed in 98, and he's always had the reputation for being the baddest singer out there. When we had heard that Mayfield Four broke up and Creed was coming to an end; he was the first guy on our list to call.

WILL YOU PLAY ANY CREED MATERIAL LIVE?
No, we're gonna do the enire Alter Bridge album and then take requests from our fans online to do covers, but no Creed songs.

(THAT'S US!!! WE MADE THE INERVIEW! wOOt!)

THE LAST TIME CREED PLAYED IN CHICAGO, IT WAS A DISASTROUS SHOW AT HE ALLSTATE THAT WOUND UP WITH A CIVIL SUIT FILED BY ANNOYED TICKET HOLDERS. CARE TO TELL US WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT?
Scott (Stapp) and I have different dressing rooms, and before the show we met in the hall. You could see it in his eyes that he wasn't himself. I got on hm about it and said, "How could you be like this before a show, expecially here in Chicago?" He aced like it was nothing and he swore he could do the show. I was pissed, but we went out on stage, and after 6 songs he walked off stage. I got on the mic and told the crowd that I'd be right back after I found out what Scot was up to. So I had to go chase him off stage into the dressing room and ask him what he was doing. He thought the show was over. So I said, "The show's not over. We gotta finish it." He said, "Oh Sorry." He follows me back on the stage and lied down for a few songs... We had lost contat so much before that. I had no idea wha he was doing before the show or three shows before that. All I know is we never got any closure out of that.

WAS THERE ONE POINT WHEN YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T WANT TO DO THIS ANYMORE?
We had one conversation where we were supposed to get together one day, and I told Scott, "I think it's too late." Scot went off on me a little bit, and then gavve me a call back a few months later and we had a alk, and that was the last time we spoke.

~Blair R. Fischer is a redeye special conribuor.
I think that might help close the Creed reunion hopes.