View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 04:43 PM   #1
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
How did you come to like Creed?

I've never seen a thread for this so thought I'd start one up.

How did all of you come to like/love CREED?

For me, this is how it happened.

I was sitting at home one day when there was no school, watching VH1 like always and this video came on. It was called "What If" by this band CREED that I had never heard of. I watched it and was completly captivated. "This song rocks!" I said. The next day I was talking to my friend John, who said he'd heard some of their music and really enjoyed it. He told me of this other song they had called Higher, and long story short, it became my favorite song. About 2 days later I was able to go and by their album Human Clay. I listened to it almost non-stop and within a day or two memorized every word of every song. About two or three days later, WAWO was released as a single.

I was in 10th grade in High School then, now I am a college freshman. Throughout that whole time, Creed has been my favorite band and I've acquired MOP, Maximum Creed, Weathered, and other stuff I've bought off of E-Bay. The only other thing I want and have been searching for is the coveted Blue Collar Records release of My Own Prison.

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"