View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 11:01 AM   #2
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by NeedforCreed) I have just recently heard Relearn Love and have heard OYE some time before. I must say RL is closer to the Creed than OYE. Being a hard core Creed fan, thats what I'm looking for when I listen to each. I heard OYE yesterday and heared to turn it off. It's not that I don't like it. I keep getting the impression that Myles Kennedy is trying to imitate and not replace Scott Stapp. It seems like AB is less without Stapp than what Stapp is losing without the band. I hope that makes sense. I may end up buying both, but right now, if a Scott Stapp cd were put beside an AB cd, I would reach for the Stapp cd. Scott does need a good lead guy though.

i disagree with just about everything you said;
Being a hard core Creed fan, thats what I'm looking for when I listen to each.
why would you want creed repeated? don't you like variety?

I must say RL is closer to the Creed than OYE.
again i disagree OYE is the most creed like song on that album and more creedish than relearn love. that makes sense because its the same man writing the music.

I keep getting the impression that Myles Kennedy is trying to imitate and not replace Scott Stapp.
if you are imitating aren't you replacing in a way? furthermore he is not trying to replace him because he is own man. he has sung this way since his citizen swing days in the early to mid 90's. he is also a tenor so how can he in any way, shape or form resemble stapp in the slightest? he is also technically at least a superior vocalist.

Scott does need a good lead guy though.
he does and his name is the jeff martin from the party, the guy can seriously play.

your honour i rest my case!
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie