View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 05:59 PM   #85
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Atheism growing in America

Quote: (Originally Posted by justify) you seem to always ask Christians to “prove” things
-I say to you prove where Christianity / The Bible teaches us to discourage education. You cannot because The Bible does not discourage it. Certainly there are individuals of all faiths, including atheism, that discourage it but you cannot take the views of one and say they are the views of the many.
I never said the bible teaches such although given the time I am sure I could find something that would give the basis for the belief that some sects of christianity believe.
Quote: -Prove how it slpits apart families.
Human beings may split apart families with their sin and wrong doing but in what way does Christianity have an affect on this? 1 Peter 3:7 says “Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect” Exodus 20:12 teaches children to honor their father and mother. Many verses tell us not to lust and not to commit adultery. How do these teachings harm a marriage?
Jesus said to follow me you must first hate your mother father brothers and sister. (talk about family values)
Quote: -Prove Christianity it is judgmental
Some Christians may be judgmental but that does not mean Christianity teaches us to be judgmental. I can hate what you do or believe but that doesn’t mean I hate you. What did Jesus say about this? “Let those without sin cast the first stone.” “love our neighbor as ourself”. Also in Romans 12:17 it says “Do not repay anyone evil for evil.” You’re right I’m starting to see the big picture now. Those are terrible teachings to abide by. What must I have been thinking? [sarcasm]
did I say that Christianity teaches to be judgemental? no on the contrary I stated as follows
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) it is judgemental (when you are commanded not to be)
I said that many Christians ARE judgemental in spite of what their book teaches or did you just miss that? because if you can miss interpret what I say than maybe you are misinturpreting the bible wich you hold dear.

Quote:
You have quoted the wrongs of the individual not the wrongs of Christianity. God gave us all free will. We all sin and sin has consequences i.e. Failed marriages or split families, being judgmental toward one another… etc. Let me throw out a word to you that you seem to like to use. Illogical…. As in you are being illogical by pointing out wrong doings of man to explain the wrongs of Christianity.
ahhh yes the christian apologetic justification the free will scape goat. (scape goating is a fallacy) I didn't say that every thing that I stated was the teachings of doma or doctrine I listed of things wrong with christianity because last time I check if you are a chirstian (or claim to be) than you are a part of christianity.