View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #79
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Atheism growing in America

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) Lunar,
It seems that all you can do is throw out hate speech against me and my beliefs. What makes Christianity so poisonous? Whether you believe in God or not you have to see that Christianity teaches a good way to live. My point earlier was that you have to have faith to believe what you believe. You have to have faith to believe that matter somehow always existed even though everything around us points to their being a beginning and an end to everything. I choose to have faith that there is a God who created it all. I am a very logical person. You believe that what you have spouted out is logical but to others it sounds ridiculous. It is ludicrous for you to think because of a year of studies that you have it all figured out. You want proof that God exist but you don't have proof of what you believe. Science has never been able to prove evolution. Guess why, because it cannot be recreated. Science cannot prove your beliefs. So your beliefs are based purely off of other peoples theories which means you have to have faith that what you believe is right. So you, just as I, choose to believe in something that you cannot see or "prove". Just because you choose not to believe in Christianity does not mean it is illogical. For your sake I hope you are correct. If you are correct when I die I will never know any different. If you are incorrect when you die it will be all too late for you to change your mind.

By what you have spouted off about evolution it is clear that you do not understand evolution let alone the meaning of the word theory.... there is a PODcast you should check out about evolution (i myself found otu that I had misconceptions about evolution). It is hosted by a scientist who uses laguage that is easy to understand so the laymen will get the concept of the theory. the PODcast is entitled EVOLUTION 101 hosted by DR Zachary Moore. here is a link to the trascripts of the show. HERE

Now to answer your question of "what makes Christianity so poisonous" it is simple I already gave an example but if you would like more ok

in most sects education is discouraged
it slpits apart families
it is judgemental (when you are commanded not to be)
just to name a few

now when you say it takes faith to buy in to what I see as correct really depends on your reference point. I approach things as "nothing is so until proven so" I.E. god, creation, or what have you.

I approach with the scientific method and when it comes down to it the scientific method is the "most correct" method we have at our disposal

I am not using hate speech I am calling it like I see it based on experiance. You say that Christianity "teaches a good way to live." yeah uhhuh sure

Killing a child who disobeys
saying it is ok to sell your daughter in to slavery
advocating genocide
glorifiing murder
advocating murder for breaking "the sabbath"
Jesus curses [the inhabitants of] three cities who were not sufficiently impressed with his great works.
"They shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."
just to name a few

yeah sign me up there that is a real good way to live

there was nothing logical about the argument you first posed and judging by the current post I would say that you don't have a good grasp of logic.

I wouldn't have to explain what a fallacy is if you had a grasp of logic. but thats ok you can keep telling yourself that.