View Single Post
Old 10-12-2004, 08:52 PM   #124
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
When I made my very post here, I told everyone hello, and made an apology beforehand if my posts didn't come out right. I then when on to say that I agreed with a couple of people in the thread that I decided to post in. Can't remember now who those people were, or the thread....but not the first person said hello to me. No one said welcome to the board, and no one said that they hoped I enjoyed my time here. I didn't think to much about it then and thought that maybe I had posted in the wrong forum, or that people just overlooked it.

After being here for a few months, my thoughts have changed. I haven't posted much, and when I have it's been met with all kinds of replies. From people accusing me of being sarcastic for putting info and a link here, to someone questioning the # of posts I have. I'll also say that I have gotten a few positive replies too.

I've not been overly negative in what I've had to say, usually it's just the way I feel about a certain something so most times I just read the forums. What I find in the various threads here is unbelieveable. You have people stating that those who don't like the AB cd (I'm one of those people)have bailed on the band members. You have others who are sick of the bickering and the back forth between members on this board, and accuse some of being whiny Stapp backers. You have known Stapp bashers visit here from other boards talking about how they know Stapp, only to have someone who wasn't aware of the persons opinon of the man, ask what he's like...and wind up apologizing for asking the question. You have threads that have people posting how they have pics of Stapps hairy chest, and yea it was explained that the comments where sarcastic. I'm not even sure who those comments were for. Or who was supposed to enjoy them.

Then we move on the various interviews that band members have given, and when someone posts how they feel about something that was said...are told to just not read them, or that their opinions are ignorant. Or that they are wrong.

People get picked to pieces here, just like any other. Nothing is different. People here are accused of being the same thing as they are at other boards.

I'm what you would call a Stapp fan, or if you will, a Stapp backer. I enjoy what I hear, and what I get from his interviews. I enjoy the new song, and I'm looking forward to his solo cd.

I gave AB a listen with an open mind. I've read the interviews they have given. I know what I feel when I listened and what I understand when I read. And I don't have to like it. Doesn't matter who calls me ignorant or whiny. Doesn't matter if you agree with my opinon or my thoughts, and it doesn't matter if I disagree with yours. I just know what I like, and nothing will change it.