Thread: Jeremiah
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 02:06 AM   #42
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

Okay, let's try to get back into the study. Unfortunately my time has become extremely limited. But these days it's certainly better to be working than not. Lots of interesting things going on in this country and overseas though. One thing I will say on this whole contraception issue is it's not about Catholic doctrine or "women's rights" or health, or even insurance. It's about the Federal government trying to tell those in the Church or of faith to go with something that violates their conscience. That's something I can honestly say I would never imagined would have happened in this country. It's no different than if the same government were to say to an atheist group, "mail out these Christmas cards with the baby Jesus on them." Freedom of religion is special and a cherished right in this country and it's not one we the people will relinquish without a fight.

Now, that said, let's get back into it. Jeremiah 12, been forever hasn't it? Starting with verse 7.

Jeremiah 12:7 "I have forsaken mine house, I have left mine heritage; I have given the dearly beloved of my soul into the hand of her enemies."

This is God speaking. It refers of course to the House of Judah, and before that even the House of Israel going into captivity. God didn't want this to happen and He doesn't want it to happen now and in the future. But guess what, it did happen and it will happen again when many of God's people of all "tribes", Christians, go into spiritual captivity to Satan himself. What causes this? God's people leaving Him out. God's people going after pretty little doctrines that sound so enticing and spiritual and uplifting but which have no truth to them... or little truth to them. You know I don't want to get too politicial, but we've got a president who claims to be Christian when in reality he is anything but. He's taken to using scripture though to justify his agenda. Be very very careful friends. Don't just listen to a man, whether he's a teacher, preacher, or president. Study the word for yourself to show yourself approved.

Jeremiah 12:8 "Mine heritage is unto me as a lion in the forest; it crieth out against me: therefore have I hated it."

You know a lion is actually a quite noble creature. It was actually the symbol of the tribe of Judah and in Revelation 5:5 Christ is referred to as the lion of the tribe of Judah. But when a lion roars it's pretty fierce and loud. When a lion hunts and kills it's prey it's not exactly gentle either. It shakes and rips and tears at every bit of it. This is the way God feels when He sees His people and His churches stating things are truth and from His Word when they are not... misleading people... misrepresenting Him. What's that say at the end? I HATED it. Well, I thought God loves everybody. He does love His children. But He does hate their actions sometimes and when His children do them without shame and with no regard at all for Him, yes He does have hate for those people. That is not to say they can not be forgiven upon repentance. But there are certainly things, actions committed that do cause God to hate.

I'm going to post this show it does not get lost as the computer disconnected when I stepped away earlier.

Jason