View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 02:31 PM   #53
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Scott Stapp - Behind the Douchebag

Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil) I have a right to dislike Scott Stapp, no matter what any of you say. I took shit for years for being a Creed fan, and I always defended him and them as a band. His actions have revealed that I was a fool in defending him. He is not who he presented himself as through his music. I happen to think he is a total fake, and in editing together this video I wanted to emphasize that this is the same guy being interviewed in Christian magazines and appearing on the Passion of the Christ soundtrack. Sure, I'm not perfect, and I screw up, but I don't portray myself as a Christian in the media and then show up totally intoxicated on a television show, making a mockery of myself and my faith. As a figure in the media and a "Christian", Scott Stapp has a responsibility, and he has failed miserably. I have no idea what his "relationship with God" is like, but he continues to make an ass out of himself.

You're making it sound all he wrote were Christian worship songs... the majority of his songs had to do with struggle and trying to come to terms with God. I don't even remember him actually saying "Jesus" in any of his songs. One can still be a Christian and mess up big time. I mean... if a parent smokes pot... does that make him exempt from telling his kid not to do it? Scott clearly doesn't want people to have to go through the crap that he's had to go through... and then handle it in the way that he did. I mean... I really don't see how having a new wife and a sobriety coach is "making an ass out of himself."