View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 03:34 PM   #58
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Scott Stapp - Behind the Douchebag

I'm not questioning whether or not Torn is a Christian and I haven't said anything about him being clueless, nor would I(I prefer to disagree in a peaceful, respectful manner). I practice what I preach and, as such, I'm not going to judge his spirituality or yours or anyone else's. What irks me, though, is when people who criticize Stapp say how he's a big fake(when it comes to Scott calling himself a Christian) and that he's not a good representation of Christianity. I don't mind these people questioning his music, actions and behaviors, even his personality.....but when you judge a man's spirituality and whether or not he is a Christian....I just don't believe that is your business, even if he IS a public figure. His Christianity is between him and God, no one else. Saying Stapp is not a Christian because he makes mistakes and sins is hypocritical judgment(forbidden by Christ according to the Bible) because every Christian makes mistakes and sins.

So that is my problem with the Christians here(and at other places) who say that Stapp isn't a Christian because he has made stupid mistakes and done stupid things. We've all done the same things in our past and we will in our future. As Christians, we're no better than Stapp.

That's all I'm saying about this whole thing. I've made my point about this, and I don't wish to turn this into a big religious debate(which really isn't my cup of tea). So that's about it.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!