USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: BIG NEWS! Kid Rock to speak about sex tape

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/a.../0302rock.html

Kid Rock: Stapp 'idiot' for losing tape

Eric Carlson
Associated Press Writer
March 2, 2006 4:10 PM

NEW YORK - Kid Rock blames Scott Stapp for losing a sex video showing them with several strippers, but appreciates Stapp for one thing. "What perfect timing," Rock told The Associated Press in an interview Wednesday. "I got a record coming up ... Maybe I should thank him."

The hard-partying rap-rocker, whose new live concert album "Live Trucker" hit stores Tuesday, defended his backstage antics, saying, "It's not any big revelation that this goes on in rock 'n' roll, especially with who I am."

Still, Rock (aka Robert Ritchie) has fired back against Stapp's claim that the tape was stolen, saying the former Creed singer filmed the tape, which was made in Rock's motor home in 1999, and is responsible for losing it.

"He's the idiot because it's out," the 35-year-old Rock said. "I'm holding him responsible."

Rock has won a temporary court order preventing World Wide Red Light District from distributing or promoting the video.

Red Light, which sold the Paris Hilton sex tape in 2004, had displayed a 40-second preview clip of the video on its Web site. The company has acknowledged that the tape came from a third party, but denied it was stolen.

"At this point, I don't even care," said Rock, who said he hasn't spoken to Stapp since the tape was filmed.

He's upset, though, that someone might make money from the tape. "If there's money to be made, it's my performance" he said.

In a recent interview with AP Radio, Stapp, 32, said he thinks the sex video was stolen from him and is meant to destroy his career.

Rock scoffed at that notion: "I'm like, what are you talking about? This tape gets out - it's your tape - and you're (saying) someone's trying to sabotage your career?"

Rock said he invited Stapp to join him and four strippers after Stapp entered his motor home with a video camera and asked to "get in" on the action.

"'I only got two beers left,'" Rock said, describing what he deemed to be his gracious behavior toward Stapp, whom he had never met. "'You can have one.' How nice is that?"

He said he's further upset to be associated with sex tape scandal subjects Hilton, Colin Farrell and ex-girlfriend Pamela Anderson.

"I don't want to be in that company with all these idiots (who have) sex tapes, which is why I've never had a video camera," he said. "I agree I knew the tape was going on at the time - I must have. Although, I'll guarantee you, I wasn't sober."

Last edited by facelessmike : 03-02-2006 at 08:53 PM.